Friends said Grant Harrison, 36, from London, had been relaxing by a pool before he went to the fridge for the bottle and received the fatal shock on the island of Koh Phangan.
He had arrived in the country only at the New Year and had been planning to travel around with his girlfriend.
Yesterday evening, 200 messages of condolence were left to Mr Harrison, originally from Stokesley, North Yorkshire on an online football forum.
|Your name: *|
|Your email: *|
|Recepient's email: *|
|Enter code: *|
Google Hi5 YouTube Yahoo! Bangkok Post The Nation Pattaya Mail Phuket Gazette MCOT Chiangmai Mail Hua Hin Observer National News Bureau Phuket Post Student Weekly Fashion Music Siam Commercial Bangkok Bank Thai Real Estate Home Design Property Expat AIS True Foreign Exchange Rates Thai-English-Thai Dictionary Bumrungrad Hospital Wikipedia Facebook Suvarnabhumi Airport